Here are a couple of thoughts that inspired me from the James River Church Wednesday night service (02/11/2015).
Psalm 16:8 – I have set the Lord always before me; because he is at my right hand, I shall not be shaken. (Psalm 16:8 ESV)
- If I set the Lord before me.
- If I keep Christ always at my hand.
- If I keep the presence and voice of God always within reach of my thoughts and spiritual ear, I will have the guidance and confidence I need. My path, my faith, my confidence, my soul, will not be shaken.
Psalm 16:11 – You make known to me the path of life; in your presence there is —–fullness of joy; at your right hand are pleasures forevermore. (Psalm 16:11 ESV)
- Christ wants us to rely on him for all.
- Reliance first, faith first, and then blessing and reward follows.
- God is not our personal shopper or ATM.
- God is not at the beck-and-call of our “desires.”
- When we bury our desires at the foot of The Cross – Christ will give us what we need, and surprise us with blessings beyond our petty understanding.
- Our job is to discover God’s heart, and get onboard with His mission.
Psalm 16:2,5,7 – I say to the Lord, “You are my Lord; I have no good apart from you.” The Lord is my chosen portion and my cup; you hold my lot. I bless the Lord who gives me counsel; in the night also my heart instructs me. (Psalm 16:2, 5, 7 ESV)